Your thyroid care in the most qualified and experienced hands
Our practice is committed to offering you the highest quality in specialized care for thyroid-related issues. We offer a full range of medical treatments led by Dr. Agustin A. Andrade MD, ECNU, a board-certified endocrinologist with more than 23 years of experience, who currently also serves as the Chief of the Division of Endocrinology at Mount Sinai Medical Center. Dr. Andrade is also a member of the American Thyroid Association and holds the U.S. patent for his development of the Thyroid Core Biopsy Needle and Biopsy Cannula.
Before selecting your Physician for treatment, make sure you know how many procedures he has performed.
During his vast experience, Dr. Andrade has performed:
- More Than 30,000 Neck & Thyroid Ultrasounds
- Thousands of Fine Needle Aspiration Biopsies of the Neck & Thyroid, Ultrasound-Guided Fine Needle Aspirations of the Parathyroid, and Needle Wash-Outs for Parathyroid Assay
- Hundreds of Alcohol Injections for Thyroid Cysts (PEI), Ethanol Percutaneous Injections for Local Recurrent Thyroid Cancer, and Ethanol Ablations for Thyroglossal Duct Cysts
- Radio Frequency Ablation of the Thyroid (RFA) treatments
- Laser Ablation treatments
To schedule a consultation with Dr. Andrade, call our practice today.
The Pioneer of RFA and Laser Ablation
Dr. Andrade is best known for pioneering the RFA treatment of the thyroid and the Laser Ablation in the United States, dominating the path for major institutions to start following his lead. These revolutionary treatments are performed as outpatient procedures under local anesthetic. The procedures are done to avoid thyroid surgery of benign nodules that are more than or equal to two (2) centimeters in size. Before the procedures are done, two Fine Needle Aspirations of the Thyroid Nodule (FNA) are obtained to verify the lesions are benign.
The RFA and Laser Ablation procedures help patients avoid conventional thyroid surgery and abnormal thyroid/parathyroid functions that may occur as a result of it. After 30 minutes of post-procedure observation, patients can go home and resume their daily activities.
Our center is committed to assuring patient success and Dr. Andrade continues to improve on our innovative methods for treating thyroid nodules. Contact us to learn more about our lead physician or how RFA and Laser Ablation works.