Board-Certified Endocrinologist in the United States Shows Leadership in Thyroid Treatment
Dr. Agustin A. Andrade, MD, ECNU, specializes in the treatment of thyroid, thyroid cancer, parathyroid and pituitary illnesses. He is a leader in the field with expertise in large nodules, impressive achievements and experience in the following innovative procedures to help his patients avoid surgery:
- Radio Frequency Ablation (RFA) of the Thyroid for benign thyroid nodules
- Laser Ablation of the Thyroid for benign thyroid nodules
- Fine Needle Aspiration of the Thyroid (FNA)
- Ethanol Ablation for Thyroid Cysts (PEI)
- Alcohol Injections for Recurrent Thyroid Cancer in Neck Lymph Nodes
- Ethanol Ablation for Thyroglossal Duct Cysts
As a prominent and dedicated professional, Dr. Andrade holds a number of titles that include:
- Board-Certified Endocrinologist
- ECNU Certified ( Endocrine Certification in Neck Ultrasound)
- Diplomate of the American Board of Endocrinology and Metabolism
- Founder & Director of the Thyroid, Parathyroid and Pituitary Center for Miami
- Chief of the Division of the Endocrinology Department at Mount Sinai Medical Center, Miami Beach, FL
- Member of the American Thyroid Association (ATA)
- U.S. Patent Owner for Thyroid Core Biopsy Needle & Biopsy Cannula
- Founding Member of NASOIE. Dr. Andrade is one of the founding members of NASOIE – North American Society of Interventional Endocrinologists
During his 23 years in practice, Dr. Andrade has successfully done more than 30,000 neck and thyroid ultrasounds, as well as thousands of Fine Needle Aspiration biopsies of neck and thyroid, ultrasound-guided Fine Needle Aspirations of the Parathyroid (FNA) and Needle Wash-Outs for Parathyroid Assay.
He has also performed hundreds of Alcohol Injections for Thyroid Cysts, Ethanol Percutaneous Injection for local recurrent thyroid cancer, Ethanol Ablation for Thyroglossal Duct Cysts, as well as Radio Frequency Ablation of the Thyroid (RFA) and Laser Ablation treatments.
RFA/ Laser Ablation
Dr. Andrade is not only a pioneer but one of a handful of Physicians in the United States who specializes in these ground-breaking treatments for patients with benign thyroid nodules. Both are non-surgical, safe, and less costly alternatives to surgery that leave no scars and let patients get on with their day very quickly.
We are the only medical center in the country to offer both, Thyroid Radio Frequency Ablation (RFA) and Percutaneous Laser Ablation (PLA).
Before each procedure, Dr. Andrade will obtain 2 Fine Needle Aspirations of the Thyroid Nodule (FNA) to verify it’s benign. He performs these outpatient treatments at the Thyroid, Parathyroid, and Pituitary Center for Miami.
Call our practice today and consult with Dr. Andrade about your thyroid issues.
You must be logged in to post a comment.